Personal Injury Legal Secretary - Maroochydore
Job Title: Personal Injury Legal Secretary
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 7 August 2020
More about the role
This is a great opportunity to commence your career in a reputable law firm as a Legal Secretary. The successful candidate will be required to provide administrative and secretarial support to the Lawyers and a Senior Associate whilst under the supervision of a Partner. Turner Freeman Lawyers is a national law firm with a proud history. The law firm has been providing care, support and outstanding results for over 65 years. Turner Freeman Lawyers prides themselves on their level of professionalism, high success rate and their personal treatment of every individual client.
The team is a personal injury team that does a wide range of injury claims and your current experience will be called upon.
The role is varied and to be successful you will have a strong desire to provide quality support and assistance to the all members of the team. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Filing maintenance;
- Word processing of letters and documents, including court documents;
- Communicating with Government departments, including the Australia Taxation office, Centrelink and Medicare;
- Communicating with other third parties including employers and doctors;
- Preparing mail, including collating enclosures;
- Printing and collating various documents;
- Compiling briefs to counsel and other experts;
- Opening, closing and archiving files;
- Requesting cheques;
- Data entry of claims tracking data and updating Outlook tasks;
- High level of digital dictation transcribing; and
- General administrative duties.
The successful candidate’s role will enable you to build on your current office experience which could lead your future anywhere. This is a full time position with flexibility and you would ideally possess:
- Previous experience essential;
- Neat, professional appearance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a good phone manner;
- A reliable, responsible and eager to work attitude;
- A courteous, friendly demeanor; and
- Eagerness to learn new skills and contribute to the success of the firm.
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career and want to work closer to home, then please apply below.