Job Title: Law Graduate
Position: Full Time
Suburb: Logan Central
Opening Date: 6 April 2022
About the Opportunity
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 19 offices around the country. We have a proud history of over 65 years acting for and protecting the rights of people. We pride ourselves on our level of professionalism, high success rate and our personal treatment of individual clients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Law Graduate to work in our Personal Injuries department in our busy Logan central office. The role will provide you the opportunity to develop your expertise and skill set by taking on a growing file base for Personal Injury claimants.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has an interest in personal injury litigation, and is looking to take the next step in their career and build on current skills.
We have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic Graduate Law Clerk to work in our Logan Central office exclusively in personal injury claims. The role will enable you the opportunity to develop your expertise and skill set by assisting the team and take on a growing file base whilst pursuing a variety of compensation claims.
Graduates who are soon to be admitted and wanting to pursue a career in personal injury are encouraged to apply.
The role is varied and to be successful you will have a strong desire to provide quality support and assistance with caseload within Logan Central office. Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparation and proof reading of court documents and drafting correspondence;
- Draft and prepare briefs to counsel;
- Proactively communicate and liaise with external clients including doctors;
- Extensive client liaison, both personal and over the phone;
- Draft witness statements and assist with caseloads;
- File, schedule management and research; and
- Typing of correspondence.
The successful candidate will be able to work full-time although part time will be considered for this role. They would ideally possess:
- A passion for personal injury litigation representing injured people;
- Some knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and time management skills;
- Confident interpersonal skills when dealing with clients and other stakeholders;
- Self motivated, self starter who thrives in a high volume work environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent research ability;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Technically competent with the ability to build on and perform in the role consistently.
If you are looking for the next fulfilling challenge in your career and would like to be part of a friendly and supportive team, then please APPLY attaching your cover letter and resume.