Legal Secretary - Newcastle
Job Title: Legal Secretary
Position: Full Time
State: New South Wales
Opening Date: 30 August 2021
More about the role
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who has had previous experience in plaintiff personal injury litigation. This is a full time position, assisting our Associate with her mixed personal injury practice.
This is a varied and busy role and you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Opening new matters;
- Transcription of dictation;
- Preparation of correspondence and court documents;
- Preparing briefs to counsel;
- File management including filing;
- Diary management;
- Liaising with clients;
- Following up on requests for medical reports from doctors and other experts;
- Preparing completed matters for archiving;
- General administration duties.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS:-
- At least two (2) years legal secretary experience working in a plaintiff personal injury firm;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills;
- Typing speed of 65+ words per minute;
- iManage and Aderant experience would be highly desirable, however not essential and full induction training is provided;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- A commitment to providing a high level of client service.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking at building upon skills already attained in a national law firm.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Turner Freeman Lawyers is a national law firm with offices around the country. We are proud of our long history, our reputation for excellence and our tradition of protecting the legal rights of ordinary Australians.
We have a dedicated Word Processing Operator based in the office assisting with transcription work as well as working alongside a team of professionals who offer a supportive and friendly environment.
This role may suit a law student who is looking to gain some “hands on” experience that is studying remotely and able to work full time.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so don’t waste time, APPLY below!