Experienced Personal Injury Legal Secretary
Job Title: Experienced Personal Injury Legal Secretary
Position: Full Time
Suburb: Gold Coast
Opening Date: 10 August 2020
Specialising in asbestos litigation and personal injury with 21 offices nationwide, Turner Freeman Lawyers is a firm dedicated to driving positive change for their clients. As a result of continued growth Turner Freeman Lawyers is currently seeking to employ a full time experienced Legal Secretary.
About the Opportunity
Turner Freeman Lawyers has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Secretary to join their team based in Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast to assist with the efficient running of the office.
In this role, you will provide excellent telephone skills with the ability to adapt to administrative duties requested from the Partner, Senior Associate and Solicitor.
To be successful in this position you should have excellent presentation skills, good communication and organisational skills and possess a positive driven attitude and a willingness to work within a team with a friendly and positive demeanor.
The role is varied and to be successful you will have a strong desire to provide quality support and assistance to the all members of the team. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Filing maintenance;
- Word processing of letters and documents, including court documents;
- Communicating with Government departments, including the Australia Taxation office, Centrelink and Medicare;
- Communicating with other third parties including employers and doctors;
- Preparing mail, including collating enclosures;
- Printing and collating various documents;
- Compiling briefs to counsel and other experts;
- Opening, closing and archiving files;
- Requesting cheques;
- High level of digital dictation transcribing; and
- General administrative duties.
The successful candidate’s role will enable you to build on your current office experience which could lead your future anywhere. This is a full time position and you would ideally possess:
- Previous experience essential;
- Neat, professional appearance;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including a good phone manner;
- A reliable, responsible and eager to work attitude;
- A courteous, friendly demeanor; and
- Eagerness to learn new skills, be driven and contribute to the success of the firm
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career and want to work closer to home, then please apply below.