Legal Secretary - personal injury
Job Title: Legal Secretary – personal injury
Position: Full Time
State: New South Wales
Opening Date: 23 November 2018
More about the role
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who has had previous exposure to personal injury litigation to work in our Newcastle office. This is a varied and busy role and you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Opening new matters;
- Transcription of dictation;
- Preparation of correspondence and court documents;
- Preparing briefs to counsel;
- File management including filing;
- Diary management;
- Liaising with clients;
- Following up on requests for medical reports from doctors and other experts;
- Preparing completed matters for archiving;
- General administration duties.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- At least two (2) years legal secretary experience working in a plaintiff personal injury firm;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills;
- Typing speed of 65+ words per minute;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- A commitment to providing a high level of client service.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
ABOUT TURNER FREEMAN
Turner Freeman Lawyers is a national law firm with offices around the country. We are proud of our long history, our reputation for excellence and our tradition of protecting the legal rights of ordinary Australians.