Legal Secretary - Personal Injury
Job Title: Legal Secretary – Personal Injury
Position: Full Time
State: New South Wales
Opening Date: 18 June 2020
More about the role
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary who has had previous exposure to plaintiff personal injury litigation. This is a full time position and you will be working alongside a senior legal secretary who assists a Partner and a Senior Lawyer.
This is a varied and busy role and you will be required to perform the following duties:
- Opening new matters;
- Transcription of dictation;
- Preparation of correspondence and court documents;
- Preparing briefs to counsel;
- File management including filing;
- Diary management;
- Liaising with clients;
- Following up on requests for medical reports from doctors and other experts;
- Preparing completed matters for archiving;
- General administration duties.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE HAS
- At least two (2) years legal secretary experience working in a plaintiff personal injury firm;
- Exceptional time management skills;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills;
- Typing speed of 65+ words per minute;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- A commitment to providing a high level of client service.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking at taking that next step in their career.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Turner Freeman Lawyers is a national law firm with offices around the country. We are proud of our long history, our reputation for excellence and our tradition of protecting the legal rights of ordinary Australians.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received so don’t waste time, APPLY NOW BELOW!