Personal Injury Lawyer | 1-3 years PAE
Job Title: Personal Injury Lawyer | 1-3 years PAE
Position: Full Time
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 24 offices around the country. Established in 1952 we have been providing Australians with a broad range of personal injury legal services and other client services. We have a proud history of over 70 years acting for and protecting the rights of injured people. We are known for being the leading personal injury law firm in Australia with a determination that sets us apart from others.
Due to growth of the business, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Personal Injury Lawyer to join our Adelaide team, based in the heart of the CBD. As a key member of the Personal Injury Team, you will receive excellent mentoring and supervision from senior lawyers and Partners who are recognised in their fields.
Objectives of this role
Working in a fast paced and dedicated team of Personal Injury lawyers and support staff, you will provide advice and representation to clients in respect of personal injury claims, including motor accident, public liability, medical negligence, and workers compensation claims. Your work will include representing applicants and managing a personal injury practice under supervision.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Management of a high-volume file load under supervision.
- Liaising with internal and external clients.
- Preparing legal correspondence.
- Negotiating settlements on behalf of clients.
- Drafting documents and correspondence.
- Court work including appearing in Courts and Tribunals.
- Participating in business development.
Required skills and qualifications
- A Bachelor of Laws or equivalent and a current SA practising certificate.
- 1-3 years’ post admission experience across a range of personal injury matters.
- Strong knowledge of relevant SA legislation and the ‘life cycle’ of a SA claim from start to finish.
- Strong advocacy and drafting skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- A team player who easily builds rapport with colleagues and can build relationships with clients.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Experience in personal injury claims and/or strong interest in personal injury.
Why should you join Turner Freeman?
- Competitive remuneration.
- Excellent mentoring and supervision from senior lawyers and Partners who have been recognised for their expertise.
- Excellent potential for career advancement within a national law firm.
- The opportunity to work with people who are passionate about ensuring our clients are provided with first-class legal services.
If you fit the above criteria and are interested in making that next career move, then please forward your cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only candidates who fit the required skills and qualifications for this position will be considered for this role.