Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer
Job Title: Personal Injury Litigation Lawyer
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 14 April 2021
More about the opportunity
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 22 offices around the country. We have a proud history of over 65 years acting for and protecting the rights of people. We pride ourselves on our level of professionalism, high success rate and our personal treatment of individual clients. This is an opportunity to join a firm with one of the largest and the most experienced Dust Diseases practice in Australia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Lawyer with up to 1-2 years post admission experience to work in our Dust Diseases department in our busy Brisbane CBD office. The role will provide you the opportunity to develop your expertise and skill set by taking on a growing file base for dust disease claimants, including asbestos and silica related claims.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid foundation and knowledge about personal injury litigation, and is looking to take the next step in their career or build on current skills.
The Candidate – A successful applicant will become responsible for matters including:
- Drafting complex court documents, detailed letters of advice and other;
- Attending settlement conferences and mediation;
- Preparing claims for trial;
- Briefing and working with Counsel
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- A strong knowledge of the relevant state and commonwealth personal injury legislation;
- The ability to manage a hands on approach to personal injury matters from start to finish;
- A file documentation and management skill set;
- Excellent organisation, a high level of attention to detail and time management skills;
- Relevant research ability;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Confident interpersonal skills when dealing with clients, colleagues and third parties;
- Be self motivated and a self starter who thrives in a high volume work environment;
- Technically competent with the ability to build on and perform in the role consistently;
- Ideally have practiced in personal injury litigation.
Your sense of fulfilment at work is important to us and in return for your expertise and enthusiasm, we offer a highly competitive salary package. You will receive mentoring from the Partner and Senior Lawyers in the department and a friendly and supportive working environment.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and have a “can do” attitude, and seeking the next challenge in your career then please APPLY below.
Please note that regrettably only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.