- PI Legal Secretary
- Medical Negligence Lawyer
- Personal Injury Legal Secretary
- Legal Secretary - Newcastle
- Legal Secretary - Wills and Estates
- Legal Secretary - Litigation
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Personal Injury Litigation Law Graduate
- Intermediate SEO Specialist
- Law Clerk - Toowoomba
- Wills & Estates Paralegal
- General PI Legal Secretary
Personal Injury Litigation Law Graduate
Job Title: Personal Injury Litigation Law Graduate
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 17 September 2021
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 21 offices around the country. We have a proud history of over 65 years acting for and protecting the rights of people. We pride ourselves on our level of professionalism, high success rate and our personal treatment of individual clients. This is an opportunity to join a firm with one of the largest and the most experienced Dust Diseases practice in Australia.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Law Graduate to work in our Dust Diseases department in our busy Brisbane CBD office. The role will provide you the opportunity to develop your expertise and skill set by taking on a growing file base for dust disease claimants, including asbestos and silica related claims.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is 6-12 months pre admission and has an interest in personal injury litigation, and is looking to take the next step in their career and build on current skills. The role will enable you the opportunity to develop your expertise and skill set by assisting the team and take on a growing file base whilst pursuing a variety of compensation claims.
*Graduates who are soon to be admitted and wanting to pursue a career in personal injury will be considered.
The role is varied and to be successful you will have a strong desire to provide quality support and assistance with caseload within Brisbane office. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and proof reading of court documents and drafting correspondence;
- Draft and prepare briefs to counsel;
- Proactively communicate and liaise with external clients including doctors;
- Extensive client liaison, both personal and over the phone;
- Draft witness statements and assist with caseloads;
- File, schedule management and research; and
- Typing of correspondence.
The successful candidate will be able to work 3 to 4 days per week or full-time and ideally possess:
- A passion for personal injury litigation representing injured people;
- Some knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and time management skills;
- Confident interpersonal skills when dealing with clients and other stakeholders;
- Self motivated, self starter who thrives in a high volume work environment;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent research ability;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Technically competent with the ability to build on and perform in the role consistently.
Regrettably only those short listed will be contacted.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and have a “can do” attitude, please apply below.