Wills & Estates Lawyer 1-3 years PAE
Job Title: Wills & Estates Lawyer 1-3 years PAE
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 11 May 2021
More about the opportunity
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 22 offices around the country. Established in 1952 we have been providing Australians with a broad range of legal services including Wills and Estates services. We have a proud history of over 65 years acting for and protecting the rights of injured people.
We have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic Lawyer to work in our Wills and Estates Department located in our Brisbane CBD office.
The role will enable you the opportunity to develop your skill set by assisting the team with your expertise, and take on a growing file base, in estate planning, administration and litigation. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid foundation in succession law and is looking to take the next step in their career working in a rewarding role.
1-3 years PAE in Succession Law is essential with training and mentoring provided.
The Role’s primary focus, but not limited to:
- Working on a variety of matters including the preparation of basis and complex Estate Planning documents, Probate, Property Transmissions, Superannuation Death Benefit Claims, Trust Disputes, Family Provision Applications and Solemn Form proceedings;
- Providing advice to valued clients including but not limited to executors, beneficiaries and members of the deceased’s family;
- Preparation and drafting of correspondence, deeds and court documents;
- Liaising with other departments within the firm including superannuation, personal injury and asbestos.
- A minimum of 1 year post admission experience in Succession Law;
- Excellent organisational, attention to detail and time management skills;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Confident interpersonal skills when dealing with clients to build strong relationships;
- Self motivated, self starter who thrives in a high volume work and fast paced environment;
- Technically competent with the ability to build on and perform in the role consistently;
- Possess analytical skills with the ability to work autonomously in a supportive team.
Skills & Experience
To be considered for this role you must have:
- A passion for Wills and Estates;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- A commitment to providing excellent service to your clients;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Self motivated and team player attitude;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a high level of attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise tasks and display initiative;
- Knowledge of Wills and Estates law, including estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation.
Your sense of fulfilment at work is important to us and in return for your expertise and enthusiasm, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration, commensurate with experience. You will receive mentoring from a Solicitor and Partner and a friendly and supportive working environment.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and have a “can do” attitude, and seeking the next challenge in your career then please apply below.
Please note that regrettably only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.