- PI Legal Secretary
- Medical Negligence Lawyer
- Personal Injury Legal Secretary
- Legal Secretary - Newcastle
- Legal Secretary - Wills and Estates
- Legal Secretary - Litigation
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Personal Injury Litigation Law Graduate
- Intermediate SEO Specialist
- Law Clerk - Toowoomba
- Wills & Estates Paralegal
- General PI Legal Secretary
Wills & Estates Paralegal
Job Title: Wills & Estates Paralegal
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 13 October 2021
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 21 offices around the country. For more than 65 years, Turner Freeman Lawyers has been providing help, support and legal assistance to Australians from all walks of life. Our mission at Turner Freeman is to break down the barriers that often discourage people from seeking appropriate legal representation. We aim to provide everyday people with not only legal assistance, but also the support and care that they need.
We currently have a vacancy for a Paralegal to join our Queensland Wills and Estates team based in Brisbane. The scope of the role will be across all areas of Wills and Estates, including estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation.
The Brisbane based team is led by a Partner and currently has two solicitors, two paralegals, one secretary and a law clerk.
The role is varied and to be successful you will have a strong desire to provide quality support and assistance to the Solicitors and Partner in the team. You will also have the opportunity to manage your own files.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Taking instructions for and preparation and proof reading of Wills, Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Directives;
- Proactively communicating and liaise with clients including phone and email queries;
- Preparation and lodgement of Titles Forms including Records of death and transmissions of death;
- General Administration Support;
- Conducting searches;
- Drafting, editing and formatting correspondence and court documents including affidavits;
- Managing your own file load with limited supervision from the Solicitors and Partner;
- Commissioner for Declarations/JP preferred; and
- Offsite travel may be required to see clients.
This role will enable the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their expertise in a growing Wills and Estates Department.
Ideally you will possess the below skillset:
- Experience of 2+ years in similar role with an organised mind and ability to multi task;
- A high level of attention to detail;
- Be a team player;
- Pleasant and professional phone manner;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and display initiative;
- Experience with Aderant Expert & iManage software: and
- Knowledge of Estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation processes.
A competitive salary will commensurate with experience.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and have a “can do” attitude, and seeking the next challenge in your career then please apply below.
Please note that regrettably only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.