Please select your state

We will show you information specific to your state.

Home | Asbestos Disease Claims | Making a Claim

The Compensation Process

Turner Freeman works on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis for asbestos related disease and other dust diseases claims. Unless you get compensation, you will not be charged for our work.

How to Make a Claim

Making a claim is simple. All you need to do is act quickly and follow our advice.  Just follow the steps outlined below:

Step 1

Telephone Turner Freeman on 13 43 63. Tell us you have asbestos related disease or other dust disease and that you would like to speak to a lawyer.

Step 2

One of our lawyers will speak to you and arrange to see you at our office. If you cannot travel, the lawyer will visit you at home or in hospital.

Step 3

The lawyer will obtain all of the information from you necessary to run the claim. The lawyer will also obtain your permission to collect your medical records and other information relevant to your claim.

Step 4

Once the medical records and other enquiries your lawyer makes confirms you have asbestos related disease or other dust disease then we will discuss your compensation rights with you. If you choose to proceed we will then assist you with making an application to the Dust Diseases Authority of NSW and a claim for lump sum compensation through the Dust Diseases Tribunal of NSW or the District Court of NSW.

Step 5

Our lawyer will then prepare your claim, lodge the appropriate documentation and see that the claim is successfully concluded. During this process, your lawyer can speed up the claim if your health is failing.

Our Locations and Contacts

New South Wales

In New South Wales you may be eligible to claim compensation in the New South Wales Dust Diseases Tribunal which is the specialist court set up to hear dust disease cases.
In addition you may also be eligible to receive a pension from the Dust Diseases Authority if you worked in New South Wales and suffer from a recognised dust disease. A Dust Diseases pension is separate from and in addition to any claim in the Dust Diseases Tribunal.


Turner Freeman has offices in Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia and has links with interstate law firms in Victoria and Tasmania where we do not have an office.


If you are living overseas but were exposed to asbestos in Australia we can still represent you. Contact us by phone, email or letter. If you wish to claim in a UK court (England, Scotland or Northern Ireland) or in the United States of America, Canada and New Zealand, Turner Freeman has links with law firms that can assist you.

Contact Us

Latest News and Blog

How long do I have to sue for medical negligence?

Read more about the limitation period in NSW.Read More

E- Conveyancing- mandatory electronic lodgement of dealings from 1 July 2019

The Conveyancing Rules (version 5) will commence on 1 July 2019 …Read More