Please select your state

We will show you information specific to your state.

Home | Family Law | Parenting Arrangements | Do you have urgent concerns?

If there is sufficient urgency in your case (for instance, because your child is at risk of family violence or abuse, or because the other parent has taken failed to return a child), the Family Court may accept an application even though you have not attended family dispute resolution.

If the other parent has not returned the child, it is possible to seek a Recovery Order which will direct the Federal Police to collect the child from the other parent.

Federal police watch list

If you are concerned that the other parent will take your child overseas, it is possible to have the child placed on the Federal Police Watch List, which will prevent the child from passing through any international seaport or airport in Australia.


Contact Us

Latest News and Blog

National Redress Scheme – will I be worse off if I apply?

Should I accept a redress payment? Find out more in our blog.Read More

Anaesthesia and cosmetic surgery

A must read factsheet if you are considering cosmetic surgery.Read More