Maddy has worked in the Sydney office at Turner Freeman since October 2017 and specialises in compensation claims for survivors of child sexual abuse.
Maddy has a diverse background, commencing her legal career in Darwin, Northern Territory where she started her work with vulnerable clients. Maddy made the move to Sydney to pursue a career in plaintiff personal injury to so that she could utilise her skills to assist those who are injured and in need of legal support and assistance.
- Maddy’s focus is on assisting survivors through their compensation claims to achieve the greatest possible outcomes and is committed to a trauma-informed practice. She has developed relationships with many support services so that she is best placed to be able to assist clients to get the support they need throughout the claims process.
In some cases survivors would prefer a female solicitor, and Maddy brings a compassionate female perspective to the institutional abuse team at Turner Freeman.
In addition, Maddy is experienced in running Defamation claims against high-profile defendants in the District Court, Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Law, Charles Darwin University
- Bachelor of Arts, Charles Darwin University
- Masters of Legal Practice, Australian National University
- Law Society of New South Wales