Job Title: Legal Secretary
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 24 October 2018
More about the role
Turner Freeman Lawyers are a national plaintiff law firm with a proud history of over 65 years acting for and protecting the rights of injured people. The role will be based in our Ipswich office and will support the Senior Associate and other professional staff.
Ideally you will have a minimum of 2+ years experience working in a similar role and posses a strong understanding of civil litigation processes and be familiar with court documents.
Your role will include but limited to duties such as:-
- Reception fill in during leave periods;
- High volume of Digital dictation;
- Preparation of court documents and correspondence;
- Preparing briefs to counsel;
- Advanced accurate typing speed of 60+ words;
- File management including dedicated daily filing;
- Diary management;
- Excellent Word & Outlook ability;
- Scheduling appointments with doctors and co-coordinating conferences with counsel;
You’ll be flexible in your approach to your workload, adapting to constantly changing and completing priorities, in what can be a high pressure environment. The ability to multi task to meet deadlines and possess a high attention to detail, as well as a positive attitude to both internal and external client service will also be essential to succeed in this role. As you will be preparing corporate communication and legal documents as part of your daily duties, strong communication skills are also required. You will also need to be able to work within a small team.
Only those with secretarial experience need apply.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
If you believe that you meet the above criteria and have a positive work ethic, please forward your cover letter and resume to:
Peta Neuse – Office Manager