Wills and Estates Paralegal
Job Title: Wills and Estates Paralegal
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 10 May 2019
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 17 offices around the country. Established in 1952 we have been providing Australians with a broad range of personal injury legal services and other client services. We have a proud history of over 65 years acting for and protecting the rights of injured people..
About the role
We are currently recruiting a Paralegal with 2+ years experience in a similar role to bring a positive hard working attitude to the Brisbane office. The role is varied and to be successful you will have a strong desire to provide quality support and assistance to a Senior Associate. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and proof reading of Wills and more complex testamentary Trusts;
- Taking of instructions of Enduring Powers of Attorney and Advance Health Directives;
- Proactively communicate and liaise with clients;
- Prepare basic administrative documents, i.e.: Records of death and transmissions of death;
- General Estate planning advice;
- Advising clients on succession planning including the use of Trust structures to do so;
- Managing your file load with limited supervision from the Senior Associate;
- Liaising with banks to collect deceased funds and
- Off site travel when required to see clients;
The successful candidate’s role will enable you the opportunity to develop your expertise and take on a growing file base in predominately estate planning. This is a full time position and you would ideally possess:
- Experience of 2+ years in similar role with an organised mind and ability to multi task;
- Pleasant and professional phone manner;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a high level of attention to detail;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and display initiative;
- Sound computer skills;
- Knowledge of Estate planning processes.
A competitive salary will commensurate with experience.
If you are looking for the next challenge in your career and would like to be part of a friendly and supportive team, then please APPLY below attaching your cover letter and resume.