Personal Injury Paralegal
Job Title: Personal Injury Paralegal
Position: Full Time
Opening Date: 20 February 2019
Turner Freeman is a national law firm with 18 offices around the country. Established in 1952 we have been providing Australians with a broad range of personal injury legal services and other client services. We have a proud history of over 60 years acting for and protecting the rights of injured people.
We are currently recruiting a Personal Injuries Paralegal with 2+ years experience in a similar role to bring a positive hard working attitude to the Toowoomba office.
About the role
The role is varied and to be successful you will have a strong desire to provide quality support and assistance with caseloads for an Associate and Solicitor. Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and proof reading of court documents and drafting correspondence;
- Draft and prepare briefs to counsel;
- Proactively communicate and liaise with external clients including doctors;
- Extensive client liaison, both personal and over the phone;
- Drafting of witness statements and assisting with caseloads;
- File, schedule management and research; and
- Typing of correspondence.
The successful candidate will be able to work full time and ideally possess:
- Experience of 2+ years in similar role with an organised mind and ability to multi task;
- Pleasant and professional phone manner;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with a high level of attention to detail;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and display initiative;
- Sound computer skills.
Salary will commensurate with experience.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to be part of a national reputable firm that offers career progression and other great benefits, then apply online now.