Please select your state

We will show you information specific to your state.

Home | Compensation & Personal Injury Lawyers | Road Accident Claims

Have you been injured in a Road Accident?

If you have been involved in a road accident involving a motor vehicle, motorbike, bicycle, while on public transport or even as a pedestrian, you may be entitled to compensation. In South Australia, the Compulsory Third Party (“CTP”) Insurance Scheme, administered by the Motor Accident Commission, insures victims of road accidents for their injuries and pays compensation to dependants who have lost a loved one in an accident causing death.

If you have been injured in a road accident, there is strict procedural and time requirements when claiming compensation. Turner Freeman are experts at complying with these regulations, so call us today.

Claiming Compensation

Our team in South Australia has been acting for clients who have sustained an injury as a result of a road accident for over a decade. We have developed a high level of experience and success in these claims. It is necessary to comply with strict time limits and procedures in making such a claim, otherwise, any rights to claim compensation may be compromised or lost. As a result, it is recommended that legal advice be obtained promptly following a motor vehicle accident, in order to ensure that all time limits are met.

Our Motor Accident Claims Services

Contact our Adelaide office on 8333 2500 to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers about our ‘No Win-No Fee’ road accident services, the first consultation is free.


What is the fee policy in motor vehicle claims?

Our Fee Policy in Road Accident Claims

No Win No Fee Personal Injury Lawyers Adelaide | Turner Freeman Lawyers SA

For personal injury claims in the state of South Australia we act for our clients on a No Win-No Fee basis. So unless we are successful in receiving compensation for our client they will not be charged for any legal work or the expenses incurred in investigating the claim. Be sure to ask one of our road accident claims specialists if you have any questions regarding our fee policy, as conditions do apply.

Who is entitled to claim compensation for motor vehicle accidents?

Who is entitled to claim compensation for motor vehicle accidents?

The CTP scheme in SA insures people who have suffered injury as a result of a road accident so long as they are not at fault for the accident. This will depend on the circumstances of the accident but includes:

  • drivers, cyclists or other road users of a vehicle who were not at fault for an accident;
  • passengers of a vehicle, including on public transport;
  • pedestrians.

A person who has lost a loved one as a result of a road accident can also claim compensation if they were dependent on that person, either financially or for services.

What compensation am I entitled to?

What compensation am I entitled to?

Motor vehicle accident compensation is available for people who have suffered whiplash, spinal injuries, brain injuries, neck or back injuries or other serious injuries. In addition, you will be entitled to compensation for what you have lost as a result of your injuries. The payout available to victims will depend on the nature of the injury/s and your personal circumstances. However, damages are generally paid for the following:

  • pain and suffering as a result of your injuries;
  • any effect on your capacity to work, both in the past and future;
  • the need for care and assistance (both paid and from your friends and family).

Any out-of-pocket expenses including medical treatment (such as surgery) both in the past and future.

What should I do if I want to bring a claim?

What should I do if I want to bring a claim?

The first step in bringing a claim for compensation is to ensure your accident was reported to the police and to seek medical attention for your injuries. After this, a claim should be lodged with the correct CTP insurer. It is important to seek legal advice as soon as possible and, if possible, before a claim is lodged with the insurer. More information on how to claim can be found here.

What are the time limits involved?

What are the time limits involved?

Your claim should be lodged within six months of your accident. It is important to contact us as soon as possible after your accident to ensure this occurs. After this time, you have three years from the date of the accident within which to lodge court proceedings.

How long will it take to get compensation?

How long will it take to get compensation?

The length of a claim will depend on the severity of your injuries. Most claims resolve within 18 months to three years after the date of the accident, however, it is important to obtain specific advice regarding your injuries and personal circumstances. Delay can often occur because claims cannot be settled until your injuries have stabilised, meaning that your injuries are not likely to get any better or worse in the future.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Latest News and Blog

Office closure for the 2018 Christmas period

Our SA office closures this holiday season.Read More

Doyle’s Guide awards for 2018

Annie Hoffman and Dante Gloria are proud receivers of 2018 Doyle’s Guide awards.Read More