Please select your state

We will show you information specific to your state.

Home | Personal Injury & Compensation Law | Institutional Abuse

Finally in Australia those subjected to child sexual abuse are being heard. In 2013 the Australian Government established the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to this abuse.

Royal Commission

There are many reasons for those who were abused to seek to be heard. Most of those subjected to such abuse seek an acknowledgement that wrong was done to them, they seek an apology for the wrong that was done from the perpetrator and/ or the institution and they seek to be financially compensated for their therapy and loss.

The Royal Commission gave those subjected to such abuse a voice to be heard. Compensation for those subjected to the abuse is a legal process.

We can provide assistance with the legal process in a discrete and caring manner so as to minimise further suffering and loss.

Turner Freeman has dedicated lawyers that will ensure that although they can not alter the past, they will assist you in securing financial compensation that will be able to help you into the future.

Confidential discussion

Call (08) 9325 0900 to speak with our specialist solicitor Fatima Verdingola in Western Australia. Our WA office is located in Perth CBD.

Our Personal Injury Lawyer in WA


How does the Royal Commission work?

The Royal Commission is hearing directly from people about their experience of child sexual abuse in institutions. If you have been a victim, a survivor or a witness of a child sexual abuse in institutions, you can contact the Commission in writing, over the phone or in private informal meetings.

Representatives from institutions will participate in formal public hearings. The Commission is inviting people to tell their stories and provide relevant information.

How to contact the Royal Commission?

The Royal Commission provides the opportunity for sufferers of child abuse to be heard. The Commission can put you in touch with professionals such as counsellors or support groups for survivors of child sexual abuse and their families.

The Royal Commission can be contacted by calling 1800 099 340, by email at

After sharing your story you may wish to consider legal options and our lawyers at Turner Freeman are here to assist you.

Contact Us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Latest News and Blog

Asbestos disease case you need to know about

Whole person impairment in order to bring a common law claim for compensation.Read More

Wittenoom: Australia’s worst industrial disaster

Please avoid visiting Wittenoom at all costs as there is no safe level of exposure to asbestos.Read More