No Win No Fee on all compensation claims

Car Accident Lawyers Adelaide

Who is eligible to make a car accident claim?

Eligibility to make a car accident claim in Adelaide typically depends on various factors, including the circumstances of the accident, the parties involved, and the laws in the jurisdiction where the accident occurred. If you were dependant on someone who was fatally injured in a motor vehicle or pedestrian accident, you may be eligible to claim compensation.

Types of Car Accident Injuries

Car accidents can result in various physical and psychological injuries, encompassing:

  1. Whiplash
  2. Neck Injuries
  3. Brain Injuries
  4. Spinal Cord Injuries
  5. Fractures
  6. Nervous Shock and Psychological Injuries
  7. Scarring, and more.

When pursuing a car accident claim, the severity of your injuries is considered in conjunction with lost earnings, medical costs, and potential future losses. If you have sustained injuries in, you might qualify for Workers’ Compensation benefits.

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident, you should:

  1. Obtain the registration of the vehicle and details of the other driver.
  2. If possible, take photographs of the accident site, the cars involved and the name and contact details of any witnesses.
  3. Report the incident to SA Police.
  4. If you have sustained any injuries, see your GP as soon as possible.
  5. Contact Turner Freeman and speak to a lawyer that specialises in motor accident compensation.

Speak with one of our car accident lawyers in Adelaide about our No Win-No Fee road accident services, the first consultation is free.


We will guide you every step of the way

Icons / Featured / Step 01

Get in touch with us

Tell us what happened, and we will provide you with the various options so you know where you stand.

Icons / Featured / Step 02

Free case assessment

All initial case assessments are free. You receive expert advice so you clearly understand your options.

Icons / Featured / Step 03

No Win, No Fee

We only get paid at the end of a claim if our clients receive a successful result.

Car accident claims process with Turner Freeman

When initiating a motor vehicle accident claim with Turner Freeman, our team ensures a compassionate and professional approach to guide you through seven straightforward steps:

  1. Obtain Details, Report the Accident, and Seek Medical Attention: Gather necessary information, report the incident, and prioritize medical care for any injuries.
  2. Contact Us: Reach out to our team of professionals to begin the process.
  3. Lodge a Notice of Accident Claim Form with the CTP Insurer: Submit the required documentation to the Compulsory Third-Party (CTP) insurer.
  4. Participate in Rehabilitation: Engage in rehabilitation programs as necessary to aid in your recovery.
  5. Assess Injuries and Offer to Settle: Evaluate the extent of injuries sustained and present a settlement offer.
  6. Attend a Compulsory Settlement Conference: Participate in a mandatory settlement conference to discuss the resolution of your case.
  7. If the Matter Settles, You Receive Your Compensation: If an agreement is reached, you’ll receive the compensation you are entitled to.

Our process is designed to streamline the legal aspects, reducing the stress associated with a car accident claim and ensuring you receive the support and compensation you deserve.

What can I claim for?

What and how much compensation you can claim depends on the extent of your injuries and your personal circumstances. You may be eligible to claim:

  • Loss of earnings
  • Medical and rehabilitation expenses
  • Pain and suffering
  • Care and help provided by friends, family or any other individual

Damage to your own car including the contents within it can usually be claimed through your own car insurance provider. It is possible that the insurer will agree to pay for some or all of the costs for your ongoing treatment as well.

No Win No Fee Compensation Lawyers | Turner Freeman

No Win No Fee Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyers Adelaide

Our Adelaide personal injury lawyers operate on a no win no fee basis, which means you are only liable to pay for legal costs if you win and recover personal injury compensation. With our NO WIN NO FEE guarantee and with our free initial consultation, you have nothing to lose to know where you stand.


Frequently asked questions

Who is entitled to claim compensation for motor vehicle accidents?

The CTP scheme in SA insures people who have suffered injury as a result of a road accident so long as they are not at fault for the accident. This will depend on the circumstances of the accident but includes:

  • drivers, cyclists or other road users of a vehicle who were not at fault for an accident;
  • passengers of a vehicle, including on public transport;
  • pedestrians.

A person who has lost a loved one as a result of a road accident can also claim compensation if they were dependent on that person, either financially or for services.

What compensation am I entitled to?

Motor vehicle accident compensation is available for people who have suffered whiplash, spinal injuries, brain injuries, neck or back injuries or other serious injuries. In addition, you will be entitled to compensation for what you have lost as a result of your injuries. Damages are generally paid for the following:

  • pain and suffering as a result of your injuries;
  • any effect on your capacity to work, both in the past and future;
  • the need for care and assistance (both paid and from your friends and family).
  • Any out-of-pocket expenses including medical treatment (such as surgery) both in the past and future.

Are there any time limits for making a claim?

Generally speaking, you have 9 months from the date of the motor vehicle accident to have the claim form lodged with the insurer or 1 month from your first meeting with a lawyer (whichever is the earlier) about the motor accident claims’ process. If you think you have a claim, it is important that you seek legal advice as soon as possible as strict time limits apply. Delaying your claims process could mean that you miss out on compensation or damages that you are entitled to receive.

What if I suffered very minor injuries?

If you have a very minor injuries which will largely or completely recover or heal and if your claim has been accepted by the insurer, we advise all our clients and potential clients to seek appropriate legal advice and at the earliest possible time to remove any doubt or worry about your rights or where you stand.

Our Fee Policy in Road Accident Claims

For personal injury claims in the state of South Australia we act for our clients on a No Win-No Fee basis. So unless we are successful in receiving compensation for our client they will not be charged for any legal work or the expenses incurred in investigating the claim. Be sure to ask one of our road accident claims specialists if you have any questions regarding our fee policy, as conditions do apply.

Motor Vehicle Claims

Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.