No Win No Fee on all compensation claims

Motor Vehicle Accident Claims


Looking for a motor vehicle or car accident lawyer? Turn to Turner Freeman

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist or motorbike rider, you may be able to claim compensation. Our car accident lawyers can help.

Injured in a motor vehicle/car accident? Our car accident lawyers can help.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist or motorbike rider, you may be able to claim compensation. Injuries suffered such as whiplash, broken arms and legs, burns, brain injury, shock and trauma qualify for compensation.

If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, there is a minefield of strict procedural and time requirements in claiming compensation. Turner Freeman are experts at ensuring compliance with these regulations.

Motor vehicle accident claims include claims for injured drivers, passengers, motor bike riders, cyclists and pedestrians.

Turner Freeman Lawyers are expert motor vehicle and car accident lawyers who can manage compensation claims for all types of personal injury resulting from motor vehicle accidents. Injuries include spinal injury, head injury, fracture, whiplash, soft tissue and eye injury as well as shock, anxiety and depression.

Claiming Compensation

The firm has been acting in claims arising from motor vehicle accident injuries for over 65 years, and has developed a high level of experience and success in those claims.

It is necessary to comply with strict time limits and procedures in making such a claim, otherwise, any rights to claim compensation may be compromised or lost. As a result, it is recommended that legal advice be obtained promptly following a motor vehicle accident, in order to ensure that all time limits are met.

Initially, an accident notification form needs to be lodged within 28 days of the accident in order to ensure that the insurer of the vehicle allegedly at fault provisionally accepts liability, in which case, it should pay ongoing medical expenses (at least up to $5,000).

A full personal injury claim form then needs to be lodged with the relevant insurer within 6 months of the accident.

Your compensation entitlements

The following compensation entitlements are available for injuries suffered in a motor vehicle accident:

  • Non – economic loss (pain and suffering) – only if the injuries are assessed as exceeding 10% whole person impairment in accordance with the Motor Accidents Authority’s guidelines.
  • Past and future loss of income.
  • Past and future medical treatment expenses.
  • Past and future assistance needs – subject to the provision that if the assistance is provided without charge, the need for assistance has to be for over 6 months, and has to be for over 6 hours per week.

Enquire now

If you have been injured in a car accident or a road accident, talk to our car accident lawyers as we can help you maximise your compensation claim. Call on 13 43 63 or contact us via our online enquiry form. Alternatively, visit us at any of our offices Australia wide in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.

Our offices are found nationally in:


We will guide you every step of the way

Icons / Featured / Step 01

Get in touch with us

Tell us what happened, and we will provide you with the various options so you know where you stand.

Icons / Featured / Step 02

Free case assessment

All initial case assessments are free. You receive expert advice so you clearly understand your options.

Icons / Featured / Step 03

No Win, No Fee

We only get paid at the end of a claim if our clients receive a successful result.


No Win, No Fee

You will never be out of pocket. You do not have to pay unless we win your case. If we don’t win, you don’t have to pay us a cent.

Our Fee Policy in Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

No Win No Fee Personal Injury Lawyers | Turner Freeman Lawyers

For motor vehicle accident claims in Australia, we act for our clients on a ‘No Win-No Fee’ basis. In other words, unless we are successful in receiving compensation on behalf of the client they will not be charged for the legal work done by our firm or any expenses incurred when investigating the claim. Ask one of our personal injury lawyers for further information about our ‘No Win-No Fee’ policy, conditions do apply.

Our NSW offices are in SydneyParramattaCampbelltownNewcastlePenrithWollongong and Gloucester.

Our Queensland offices are in BrisbaneLoganNorth LakesIpswichToowoombaGold CoastSunshine Coast and Cairns.

Our South Australian offices are in Adelaide CBD and Whyalla.

Our Western Australian office is in Perth.


Frequently asked questions

Are there any time limits?

Yes. There are strict time limits applicable to motor accident claims depending upon your circumstances.

In general, the incident, whether it was a car accident, truck, push bike or motor bike must be reported to the police within 28 days from the accident; and The Motor Accident Personal Injury Claim Form (MAPICF) must the completed and lodged with the CTP insurer and driver at fault within 6 months from the date of accident.

The Accident Notification Form (ANF) must be completed and lodged with the CTP insurer at fault and driver at fault within 28 days from the accident.

Proceeding must commence in the appropriate Court within 3 years from the date of accident. By failing to adhere to these strict requirements you could jeopardise the success of your case entirety, as leave may not be granted.

I don’t know if my injuries are permanent so should I contact a lawyer?

Yes. The extent and severity of your injuries and disabilities will need to be assessed by a medical provider. Often, the latent effects of an injury do not manifest themselves until 6-12 months time.

By lodging the appropriate claim forms you can start to have your treatment paid and any referrals to specialist including radiology, we will seek prepayment of for you.

Importantly, by lodging your claim with the insurer early, you avoid falling foul of the limitation periods for lodging a claim, so the insurer cannot raise that argument as a bar to you bringing a claim in the future.

What if the accident was 12 months ago. Can I still claim?

Yes. If your explanation is considered full and satisfactory by a court and you can illustrate you have acted as quick as possible, then a Court may grant you leave.

But time is of essence and you must act quickly, so that we can prepare the necessary documentation to lodge your late claim. Call Turner Freeman lawyers today on 13 43 63 to book a consultation.

I have been hit by a motor vehicle, but they didn’t stop. Can I still claim?

Yes. The claim would be made against the Nominal Defendant Scheme. However, a claim against the Nominal Defendant brings about certain obligations of due search and inquiry. As soon as possible, proper searches need to be conducted to try and locate the vehicle, this can include but not limited to, newspaper advertisements, obtaining details from witness, trying to obtain any CCTV footage and so on. Turner Freeman will assist you with the Due Search and Inquiry obligations on a ‘No Win, No Fee‘ basis.

Find out more information on hit and run accidents and car accidents involving unidentified or unregistered vehicles.


Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.