No Win No Fee on all compensation claims

Criminal Injuries Compensation Claim

western australia

Criminal Injuries Compensation Claim

Have you been a victim of crime?

Have you been hurt or suffered a loss because someone has committed an unlawful act against you such as an assault or other criminal offence. If so, we may be able to help you with a criminal injuries compensation claim.

Whilst the criminal justice system punishes the wrongdoer for committing the unlawful act, it does not provide compensation or financial assistance to the victims of crime who suffered a loss.  Compensation may be recovered for loss of income due to injury, medical expenses, travel expenses associated with medical treatment, pain and suffering and loss of enjoyment of life. A close relative of a person killed as a result of an offence can file a dependency claim if you can prove that you or other close relatives were financially dependent on the deceased at the time of their death. 

When to make a Claim

Compensation can be sought for an incident reported to the police regardless of whether a person has been identified, charged or convicted of the offence. However it is vital that a Criminal Compensation Claim is made within 3 years of the date of the criminal offence. Your application should be made once you have reached an acceptable stage of recovery from your injuries, except where interim payments are sought for treatment, reports or funeral costs. It is best to contact a lawyer and discuss your specific circumstances to obtain an optimum result. If your claim is more than 3 years old, you may still apply, but you will need to obtain an extension of time. In order to do so you will need to provide written reasons for the delay with your completed application.


Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.