Asbestos fears lead to temporary closure of old Millwood bowls green
Local authorities have temporarily closed the Millswood bowls green after old pieces of asbestos cement were discovered at the site.
The bowls green is a popular place for dog walkers and local children.
Unley Council has said that work to remove the building material should be completed by the end of the week, allowing the area to be reopened to the public.
Asbestos was a popular building material used in houses across Australia until the late 1980s. Exposure to asbestos dust can cause a variety of asbestos related diseases, including asbestosis, mesothelioma and lung cancer.
If you think that you may have been exposed to asbestos you should speak with your doctor. If you are suffering from an asbestos related illness you should seek legal advice from one of our specialist dust diseases lawyers on 13 43 63.