- Named one of the recommended compensation lawyers in Queensland for 2019.
- Ciaran is a Partner of Turner Freeman and is the manager of our Gold Coast office. He joined the firm in 2012 and practices exclusively in compensation law. Prior to joining Turner Freeman, he had exposure to criminal, insurance as well as banking and finance law.
- His practice involves a wide range of compensation claims in Queensland and New South Wales, which involves travelling all over South East Queensland and Northern New South Wales to meet clients. Ciaran also regularly works out of our Cairns office acting for clients living in North Queensland.
- Ciaran primarily runs claims through the New South Wales and Queensland courts as well as their workers’ compensation schemes. He also pursues claims under the Commonwealth workers’ compensation scheme with Comcare and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs, and has run claims in the New Zealand Accident Compensation Corporation and in the United Kingdom. Ciaran has pursued appeals through the QIRC and the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, and has sought reviews with iCare and the Workers’ Compensation Regulator.
- Due to the variety of Ciaran’s practice, he needs to advise clients of their rights in different jurisdictions.
Ciaran provides straight to the point and clear advice to his clients and enjoys taking on challenging matters and achieving great results.
- Ciaran is passionate about helping people who have been wronged or injured, as well as their families. As nobody’s circumstances are the same, he believes people deserve individual advice to address the complex nature of compensation litigation.
- Outside of his work, Ciaran enjoys travelling and living on the Gold Coast where he can spend time at the beach with his wife and his dog.
- On weekends, you will regularly find Ciaran playing, watching or attending sporting events. Ciaran is a supporter of the Burleigh Bears Rugby League club and regularly watches their games at Pizzey Park at Miami.
Ciaran has been listed in Doyles Guide as one of the recommended compensation lawyers in Queensland for 2019.
To describe Ciaran as being dogged and tenacious would be a gross understatement, he just never gave up, with the resultant very successful outcome culminating in my receiving compensation from Comcare. ln my opinion he has the hallmark of a consummate professional.
G.L. – Cairns
I would like to thank Ciaran for his professionalism, expertise and sound advice during the process of my late husband and my compensation claims. His compassion and understanding of our situation took a great weight off our shoulders. I would not hesitate to recommend Ciaran and Turner Freeman Lawyers for successful outcomes in matters related to work related compensation.
D.N. – Everton Park
Just a line or two to say how satisfied I am with the effort and professionalism that Ciaran and his secretary have displayed in pursuing my claim and obtaining a reasonable compensation settlement for me. I have no reservations on recommending Turner Freeman to my family or anyone else for that matter.
Ernie P – Lancashire (UK)
Ciaran, I would like to thank you for all you have done for my father during his illness regarding his claim. I appreciate it and I’m sure my dad would have appreciated it too. Thank you once again.
J. O. – Beaudesert
A little belated and as you are probably aware the claim my Dad worked through with your organisation was paid out by Qld work-cover a few months back. I wanted to say thank you for all the work and oversight you provided through the process, further quickly connecting us in with Ciaran who was exceptional in everything he did.
Chad – Melbourne
Memberships & Associations
- Admitted to the High Court of Australia and the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member of the Queensland Law Society and the Gold Coast District Law Association
- Graduate of the Queensland University of Technology