Get to know Gaius
Gaius is based in our Sydney office, however he is also available in our other offices by appointment.
An accredited specialist in Personal Injury Law since 1996, Gaius specialises in work injury damages, workers compensation claims, motor vehicle accident claims, skin cancer and public and product liability claims.
Gaius is also named as one of the recommended and leading motor vehicle and work injury compensation lawyers in New South Wales for 3 years in a row.
- Named as one of the recommended and leading motor vehicle and work injury compensation lawyers in New South Wales for 3 years in a row.
- An accredited specialist in Personal Injury Law since 1996, Gaius specialises in work injury damages, workers compensation claims, motor vehicle accident claims, skin cancer and public and product liability claims.
- Based in our Sydney office, Gaius is also available in our other offices by appointment.
What it means to be an accredited specialist
- To be accredited specialists must pass a series of meticulous assessments on both legal knowledge and its application in practice. To retain their accreditation specialists must undertake significant additional professional development in their area of expertise each year.
- Gaius joined Turner Freeman in 1988 and was appointed a partner of the firm in 1999.
Gaius’s vast experience
He has acted in countless motor accident compensation and work injury damages claims. Most have achieved compensation of hundreds of thousands, or millions of dollars. His expertise in personal injury law is due to his determination to concentrate on that area of law, specifically, and to act only for those injured, rather than insurers.
- “My clients and their families deserve compensation. The money we win for them is for their care and wellbeing – it’s only fair and right. The claims can be complex, but what is very important is that clients are dealt with on a personal basis not just with efficient expertise”.
Skin cancer claims
Gaius pioneered skin cancer litigation in the early 2000s and has acted for more sufferers of skin cancer than any other lawyer in Australia. Many of the claims were for members of the Maritime Union of Australia who had spent 40 to 50 years working out in the sun.
- “Instead of enjoying their retirement they were suffering dreadful health problems, sometimes terminal”.
Stone v. Stannard Brothers was one of his most significant skin cancer cases. Mr Stone had worked as a wharfie. The great importance of the decision was that his compensation was determined according to rates at the time of filing the claim, rather than when he last worked.
- “This made an enormous impact and made it possible for future claims to be paid at that rate”.
- Gaius is a past contributor to the Law Book Company’s ‘Workers Compensation Law Manual, NSW’.
What Gaius’s Clients Say about Him
- “I would like to let you know how much I appreciate everything you have done for James. You went above and beyond our first expectations and got us an outstanding result.” Donna
- “Thank you does not seem enough to express my gratitude and appreciation for your help, professionalism and dedication with handling of my claim.” Tony
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Sydney
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Lawyers Alliance