Get to know Michelle
Michelle is the Managing Partner of our Wollongong office and specialises in the area of workers compensation and work injury damages claims.
Michelle is experienced in a wide range of civil litigation for client’s rights in the District and Supreme Courts, Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission and Workers Compensation Commission.
She also has extensive experience in the areas of employment law, family law, asbestos disease claims, litigation and dispute resolution.
- Named one of the recommended asbestos & dust disease compensation lawyers in New South Wales for 2 years in a row.
- Michelle is the Managing Partner of our Wollongong office and specialises in the area of workers compensation and work injury damages claims. She also has extensive experience in the areas of employment law, asbestos disease claims, unfair wills claims, litigation and dispute resolution.
Civil litigation experience
- Michelle is experienced in a wide range of civil litigation for client’s rights in the District and Supreme Courts, Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission and Workers Compensation Commission.
- Michelle has extensive experience in all forms of compensation law including medical negligence cases. In a recent case before the Supreme Court, a 70-year-old woman was severely disabled after suffering a stroke while she was in Wollongong Hospital. Prior to the stroke the patient was living independently in her own home.
Michelle’s words about the case
- “She now has to live in a nursing home and requires 24 hour a day care. The law can help in getting compensation to help with the costs and make daily life more manageable and more comfortable for injured people. I want them to get the best care available and I’m passionate about the role the law can play.”
- Michelle also provides advice and representation to employers and employees in all aspects of workplace and industrial relations including unfair dismissals, discrimination and contract disputes.
Michelle is absolutely committed to getting “great compensation for deserving clients” in employment and compensation matters.
Michelle has been listed in Doyles Guide as one of the recommended asbestos & dust disease compensation lawyers in New South Wales in 2021 and 2022.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Technology, Sydney
- Bachelor of Arts – Macquarie University
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Wollongong and District Law Society
Once again, I can’t thank you enough for all you have done for my parents, particularly my dad. It has given him a sense of peace, that mum is looked after.
D.S. – Callala Beach
I just would like to thank you very much for your great work in representing my mother. We are very happy with the outcome and will definitely recommend your services.
I.S. – Wollongong
Thank you so much to you and your team for supporting me over the past month.
L.K. – Wilton
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you as you have done an exceptional job.
Thank you so so so much for your professionalism, support, understanding and kindness. I’ll never forget what you have done for me.
Just a quick note to say a huge thank you for all your work on mum’s case. We are both extremely grateful for the result you were able to obtain, and the complete professionalism with which the matter was conducted. Somewhat ironically, mum has a general distrust and fear of the legal process. Because of this, she was quite reluctant to start a claim at all. However, the way you dealt with her and her matter from the very beginning immediately engendered a sense of trust and confidence. Ultimately, this meant that she had the resilience to pursue the matter and achieve fair compensation from an unfair situation.
Thanks very much for the service you are providing my mother in law and her brothers over their mother’s Will and the Grant of probate without the original will. You and Michelle’s praises were sung very highly at an event I had at my place yesterday. If only all lawyers in the area were like you.
Michelle, to say thank you seems so inadequate but those two little words come with heartfelt meaning. You have made the rest of our lives so much easier, not only for us but also for our grandchildren and great grandchildren.
– R & M
Thank you again for all the support, guidance and work you have provided and done for our family. The outcome well and truly is more that I could have asked for but it will provide endless relief and security. You have been a pillar of hope and support for us when needed. Thank you again for all that you have done.
– A.G. – Unanderra
Michelle, our family wanted to extend our deepest gratitude for the outstanding work you did on dad’s case. Thank you for your compassion for our family. We couldn’t have asked for a better lawyer.