Get to know Michelle
Michelle is the Managing Partner of our Wollongong office and specialises in the area of workers compensation and work injury damages claims.
Michelle is experienced in a wide range of civil litigation for client’s rights in the District and Supreme Courts, Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission and Workers Compensation Commission.
She also has extensive experience in the areas of employment law, family law, asbestos disease claims, litigation and dispute resolution.
- Michelle is the Managing Partner of our Wollongong office and specialises in the area of workers compensation and work injury damages claims. She also has extensive experience in the areas of employment law, asbestos disease claims, unfair wills claims, litigation and dispute resolution.
Civil litigation experience
- Michelle is experienced in a wide range of civil litigation for client’s rights in the District and Supreme Courts, Federal Circuit Court, Fair Work Commission and Workers Compensation Commission.
- Michelle has extensive experience in all forms of compensation law including medical negligence cases. In a recent case before the Supreme Court, a 70-year-old woman was severely disabled after suffering a stroke while she was in Wollongong Hospital. Prior to the stroke the patient was living independently in her own home.
Michelle’s words about the case
- “She now has to live in a nursing home and requires 24 hour a day care. The law can help in getting compensation to help with the costs and make daily life more manageable and more comfortable for injured people. I want them to get the best care available and I’m passionate about the role the law can play.”
- Michelle also provides advice and representation to employers and employees in all aspects of workplace and industrial relations including unfair dismissals, discrimination and contract disputes.
Michelle is absolutely committed to getting “great compensation for deserving clients” in employment and compensation matters.
What Michelle’s Clients Say about Her
- “I would like to take this opportunity to thank you as you have done an exceptional job.” Anil
- “Thank you so so so much for your professionalism, support, understanding and kindness. I’ll never forget what you have done for me.” Charles
- “Just a quick note to say a huge thank you for all your work on mum’s case. We are both extremely grateful for the result you were able to obtain, and the complete professionalism with which the matter was conducted. Somewhat ironically, mum has a general distrust and fear of the legal process. Because of this, she was quite reluctant to start a claim at all. However, the way you dealt with her and her matter from the very beginning immediately engendered a sense of trust and confidence. Ultimately, this meant that she had the resilience to pursue the matter and achieve fair compensation from an unfair situation.” Naomi
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Technology, Sydney
- Bachelor of Arts – Macquarie University
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Wollongong and District Law Society