No Win No Fee on all compensation claims

Car Accident Lawyers Gold Coast

Who can make a motor vehicle accident claim?

If you have been hurt in a car accident or other road accident on the Gold Coast, you may be entitled to claim compensation.

Injuries can be sustained from bicycles, motorcycles, passengers on public transport and pedestrians. If you were dependant on someone who is fatally injured in a car or pedestrian accident, you may be eligible to claim compensation.

Types of Car Accident Injuries

Road accidents can lead to many types of physical or psychological injuries and can include:

  • Whiplash
  • Neck Injury
  • Brain Injury
  • Spinal Cord Injuries
  • Fractures
  • Nervous shock/psychological injuries
  • Scarring and more.

Your entitlements

The following entitlements are available for injuries suffered in a car accident:

  • Past and future loss of income.
  • Past and future medical treatment expenses.
  • Past and future assistance needs – subject to the provision that if the assistance is provided without charge, the need for assistance has to be for over 6 months, and has to be for over 6 hours per week.

How do I go about the process?

Every claim is different but a car accident claim is first lodged with the Compulsory Third Party (CTP) insurer of the at-fault vehicle. Following lodgement, the insurer will review your claim, medical expenses, and any damages. Medical assessments will be carried out to determine the extent of your injuries and any permanent impairment suffered. The corresponding medical certificate or report will be lodged with your claim and it is important to have a personal injury lawyer assisting you with this process to ensure your have the highest chance to receive maximum compensation. Contact us today.


We will guide you every step of the way

Icons / Featured / Step 01

Get in touch with us

Tell us what happened, and we will provide you with the various options so you know where you stand.

Icons / Featured / Step 02

Free case assessment

All initial case assessments are free. You receive expert advice so you clearly understand your options.

Icons / Featured / Step 03

No Win, No Fee

We only get paid at the end of a claim if our clients receive a successful result.


Frequently asked questions

I've been involved in a car accident. Can I make a claim for compensation?

If you were injured in a car accident or a motor vehicle accident on the Gold Coast, it’s highly likely that you can make a claim. There are only a few circumstances that would prevent you from doing so. Here are some common questions related to seeking compensation for car accidents that you should discuss with your car accident lawyer:

  1. Passenger Injured – Driver at Fault: If you were a passenger in a vehicle and sustained injuries due to the driver’s fault, you can file a claim.
  2. Passenger Injured – Other Driver at Fault: If you were a passenger and suffered injuries because of the other vehicle’s driver causing the accident, you can make a claim.
  3. Driver Injured – Other Driver at Fault: If you were the driver of a vehicle and got injured because of the other driver’s fault, you have a valid claim.
  4. Passenger or Driver Injured – Other Driver Drunk: If you were a passenger or driver and your injuries were caused by a drunk driver of another vehicle, you can file a claim.
  5. Passenger Injured – Your Vehicle’s Driver Drunk: If you were a passenger and got injured because the driver of your vehicle was intoxicated, you can make a claim.
  6. Accident Caused by Unregistered Vehicle: If you were injured in a car accident caused by an unregistered vehicle, you have a valid claim.

Please note that strict time limits apply for making these claims, and you should seek legal advice urgently. You typically have three months from the date of the accident or injury to submit the claim form, or one month from your initial consultation with a lawyer, whichever comes first.

Hit and Run Accident - what do I do?

If you were struck by a vehicle whose driver fled the scene, and you don’t know the vehicle’s registration number, you can still make a claim. Similar time limits apply, so seek legal advice promptly.

Pedestrian Hit by a Car on the Road: If you were walking or crossing a road and got hit by a car, you can make a claim.

Bicycle or Push Bike Rider Hit by a Car or Truck: If you were riding a bicycle or push bike and were hit by a car or truck on the road, you have a valid claim.

Whiplash Injury: If you suffered a whiplash injury, especially if the symptoms persist, and the accident was not your fault, you can make a claim or consult a personal injury lawyer.

Time Limits for Making a Compensation Claim

In general, you have nine months from the date of the motor vehicle accident to lodge the claim form with the insurer or one month from your initial meeting with a lawyer, whichever comes earlier. It’s crucial to seek legal advice promptly to avoid missing out on compensation.

Minor injuries

Even if you have minor injuries that are expected to fully recover, it’s advisable to seek legal advice early to ensure you understand your rights and position in the claims process.

How much time will my claim take?

Car and motor vehicle accident claims generally resolve within 6 to 18 months from the date of the accident and if the case goes to trial, it can take a further 6 to 12 months but this often highly unlikely. Around 98% to 99% of our car accident compensation claim are resolved well before going to court.

What can I do if I have medical expenses and rehabilitation needs immediately?

A Notice of Accident claim form needs to be submitted to the insurer of the at fault vehicle and then we can arrange for your reasonable medical and/or rehabilitation needs to be paid by the insurer.

Will I need to go to court?

The majority of car accident claims do not proceed to court, they are able to be settled prior to trial. In the unlikely event that your case did proceed to court, our lawyers have over 70 years experience and are able to easily resolve these claims.

Do you offer 'No Win - No Fee' for motor vehicle accident compensation claims?

We are happy to assist you and investigate your potential claim on a speculative or No Win – No Fee basis. Your initial consultation with us is free and obligation free. If we advise you that you have a strong claim, we will offer our legal services to you on a No Win No Fee basis which simply means that we will only ever be paid for the work we have done, if and only if your claim is successful and only at the end of the claim.

In our experience 98% to 99% of the claims we pursue for our clients are able to be settled or resolved without having to go to court or proceed to trial.

No Win No Fee Compensation Lawyers | Turner Freeman

Our Fees

Our leading Gold Coast car accident lawyers are dedicated to getting the full compensation you deserve from your injury or accident. Our personal injury compensation claim lawyers operate on a no win no fee basis, which means you are only liable to pay for legal costs if you win and recover personal injury compensation. With our NO WIN NO FEE guarantee and with our free initial consultation, you have nothing to lose to know where you stand.

Make an obligation free appointment with one of our Gold Coast motor vehicle accident lawyers today as it is important that you seek legal representation and advice as soon as possible as strict time limits apply.

Motor Vehicle Claims

Get in touch with us

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.