Workers Compensation Lawyers Gold Coast
Trusted Workers Compensation & WorkCover Lawyers on the Gold Coast
Our Gold Coast work injury lawyers are experienced with all aspects of workers compensation law. Whether you have experienced a workplace accident that resulted in physical injuries or are suffering from psychological injuries, our experienced and compassionate personal injury lawyers can help you receive the WorkCover compensation you deserve, so you can carry on with your life.
Workplace accidents happen. Can you afford to let one take you out?
Types of Injuries and Diseases Covered by Workers Compensation and WorkCover Schemes in Queensland
There are various types of injuries that can occur at a workplace. Workplace injuries often arise in the following common scenarios:
Operating and maintaining heavy machinery
- Operating and maintaining heavy machinery can cause a whole range of injuries. Machinery can sometimes malfunction causing injury to the operator and those in the close vicinity of the machine. Maintaining heavy machinery can cause injuries if you are required to operate in confined spaces.
Construction site accidents
- Injuries are often sustained by workers who work on construction sites as they are constantly surrounded by various types of risks to their health and safety. These risks can include the inherent risks associated with operating power tools as well as the risks arising from unsafe systems of work.
Noise induced hearing loss or Industrial Deafness
- It is also common for workers who operate machinery and power tools to suffer from hearing loss. Hearing loss is a compensable injury and workers suffering from hearing loss may be able to make a claim for monetary compensation and the costs of the supply and fitting of hearing aids.
Falling from heights
- Working at heights poses a significant risk to workers. We often act on behalf of workers who have suffered catastrophic injuries after falling form heights during the course of their employment.
- It is not uncommon for workers to be injured by negligent acts of fellow employees, including the unsafe stacking of boxes and/or pallets.
Work related car accidents
- If your role requires you to travel during the course of your employment, you will likely be covered under the Workers’ Compensation scheme should you be involved in a motor vehicle accident whilst at work. It is vital that your claim is handled with care from the outset so as to ensure that you make a claim under the correct scheme.
- There are multiple reasons why you might suffer a psychological injury whilst at work. Common causes of psychological injuries are unreasonable management action, bullying and harassment, assault, discrimination and workplace accidents.
Meet Our Gold Coast Workers Compensation Lawyers
What is the process for a workers compensation claim?
The process depends on the injury and what you can claim depends on the extent of your injuries. You could be eligible to claim:
- Lost income
- Medical expenses and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
- Paid assistance in some circumstances
- Return to work services
How long do I have to make a workers' compensation claim?
The majority of workers compensation claims are able to be finalised within six to eighteen months of the claim starting which needs to be lodged within three years of the accident, strict time limits apply. If your claim proceeds to court, it would add another six to twelve months to the duration of the claim. However, it is highly unlikely that your compensation claim will proceed to court, as most cases claiming workers compensation are resolved prior to this stage.
Frequently asked questions
What type of injuries can I claim compensation for?
Turner Freeman’s workers compensation lawyers on the Gold Coast are experienced in managing work injury claims and WorkCover claims for a wide range of workplace personal injury claims, including:
- spinal injuries
- back, neck and head injuries
- upper and lower limb injuries
- soft tissue injuries such as lacerations
- eye injuries
- burn injuries
- repetitive strain injuries
- Exposure to toxic chemicals
- shock, anxiety and depression.
Do I need a workers' compensation lawyer for a claim?
Our specialist work injury lawyers can provide legal advice on whether you are able to make a compensation claim for a workplace incident and what you can claim compensation for. Workers compensation lawyers can help if:
- injured workers who don’t know what their next steps are.
- your WorkCover claims have been rejected.
- You have not been paid properly or lost wages.
- Your payments have been cut off.
- Your employer is pressuring you to return to work.
- Your employer’s insurer won’t pay for medical costs.
- You just want to know what your options are.
- If you want to know if you are eligible for lump sum compensation.
The best way to maximise your compensation claim benefits is to contact our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible after you sustain your workplace injury.
If I have a Workers Compensation claim, can I also claim for Income Protection?
While it is improbable that you will be able to claim both workers compensation and income protection at the same time, you should be able make a claim for income protection once your workers compensation claim is finished.
The type of income protection you can claim for will depend on what policy you hold with your super.
If you are not able to return to work in your former job you might be eligible for a lump sum payment for permanent impairment. These permanent impairment lump sum compensation payments can range from a modest amount to a very large payment. An experienced lawyer will be able to assist you through the claim process.
Do you offer 'No Win - No Fee' for workers compensation claims?
We are happy to assist you and investigate your potential claim on a speculative or No Win – No Fee basis. Your initial consultation with us is free and obligation free. If we advise you that you have a strong claim, we will offer our services to you on a No Win No Fee basis which simply means that we will only ever be paid for the work we have done, if and only if your claim is successful and only at the end of the claim.
In our experience 98% to 99% of the personal injury claims that we pursue for our clients are able to be settled or resolved without having to go to court or proceed to trial.
No Win, No Fee Gold Coast Workers Compensation Lawyers
Ensuring everyone has access to justice is important to us and that’s why we offer our worker’s compensation and legal services on a No Win, No Fee basis.
Under our usual terms and conditions, No Win – No Fee simply means that we if take your case on, we will only be paid reasonable legal costs for the legal work we have done for you at the end of the claim if you win.