- Alex practises at Turner Freeman Lawyers in Newcastle and is responsible for managing the growing demand for wills and estate services within the Hunter Region.
- Unfair wills;
- Estate litigation;
- Wills and Estates law;
- Property law;
- General litigation;
- Total and permanent disability (TPD);
- Income protection claims
- In late 2011, after moving to a mid-tier law firm in Newcastle, Alex began practising almost exclusively in contested wills, contested probate and equitable claims in the Supreme Court. He also completed a Masters in Applied Laws (Wills and Estates) through the College of Law in Sydney in late 2014.
Alex has extensive experience in wills and estates, estate litigation and dispute resolution, family provision claims, mediation and equitable claims in the Equity and Probate Divisions of the Supreme Court of New South Wales. He also assists clients with estate planning including preparing simple and complex wills, discretionary trusts, powers of attorney and enduring guardian documents.
He has an interest in computers and all things electronic, which lead him to study Computer Science and Law in a double degree at the University of New England. Upon completing his degrees he moved to Sydney to complete a Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice through The College of Law. Following his further legal training, he began working in Sydney on conveyancing, property law and wills and estates matters. He moved to Newcastle to join a local firm in early 2010 where he gained further experience in personal injury, civil litigation and victims of crime matters.
What Alex’s Clients Say about Him
- “Thank you very much for your outstanding service and advice.” Jeanette
- “I appreciated not only your professionalism, but approachable manner throughout the process. Thanks to you I will finalise a couple of important issues.” Sandra
Qualifications & Memberships
- Masters of Applied Laws (Wills and Estates) LLM
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Computer Science/Law
- Legal Practitioner of the High Court of Australia
- Legal Practitioner of the Supreme Court of NSW
- Member of the NSW Law Society
- Member of the Newcastle Law Society
- Graduate Fellow of the College of Law
- STEP (Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners) Forum