- Sophie assists in the areas of motor vehicle accident injuries, medical negligence, public liability, dust diseases, workers compensation and industrial deafness.
- Sophie started at Turner Freeman as a law clerk in 2017. She now practices as an admitted solicitor in the Adelaide office.
- Her experience includes assisting in instructing counsel at several trials under the Return to Work Act 2014 (SA) and Dust Diseases Act 2005 (SA), including the landmark decision of Werfel v Amaca Pty Ltd (formerly James Hardie & Coy Pty Limited). As a result, Sophie is able to contribute to matters within a wide range of practice areas, and can provide unique support to each issue that presents.
- Sophie always strives to obtain the best results for her clients and is passionate about the support she can provide in pursuing the rights and entitlements of injured people. She is able to travel to see clients in hospital or at home.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Media – University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Law Society of South Australia
Over the past two years, I have been fortunate to have Sophie Perkins manage my public liability claim. Sophie and her team were at all times professional and helpful. During times when I felt very disheartened, Sophie was persistent in her follow up and eventually the best possible outcome was achieved under the circumstances. Thank you Sophie.”
– M.Z. – Adelaide
“Thank you most sincerely for your highly professional leadership and that of Turner Freeman Lawyers in taking my case through to the point of there now being a favourable determination by DVA.”
“Dear Sophie, I wish to thankyou and your team for the results you achieved for my noise induced hearing loss claim, the process was relatively stress free and I am very grateful for the end results. Many thanks.”
“Thank you for all the good work you did in securing a settlement as compensation. I’m most grateful to you and any associated staff regarding this claim. Thank You.”