- Jacqueline is a Senior Associate of our Brisbane office. She joined the firm in 2017 and practices exclusively in compensation law, specialising in dust-related claims including litigated and non-litigated asbestos, silica and coal dust claims.
- Jacqueline travels throughout Queensland to meet clients including in Cairns, Mackay, Rockhampton, Yeppoon, Warwick, Toowoomba and other areas.
- Jacqueline primarily pursues claims in the New South Wales and Queensland jurisdictions, although she also pursues claims involving substantive law of other States of Australia as well as through the Commonwealth workers’ compensation scheme with Comcare and the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. She also acts for clients overseas such as in the United Kingdom, Spain and Malta.
- Jacqueline is passionate in assisting those affected by a dust disease, and their families, through the compensation process. She acknowledges the wrongs that her clients have suffered and is driven by her goal to achieve the best possible outcome for all her clients.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Jacqueline completed her Bachelor of Laws and Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Queensland University of Technology.
- Jacqueline is a member of the Australian Lawyers Alliance, the Australian Insurance Law Association, and Women Lawyers Association of Queensland. She is also a member of The Whisky Club.
They were with me every step of the way, and have kept me in the loop at all times. It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with Zach and Jacqueline from the very start of my claims. They were both amazing.
They helped me with the CTP, TPD and income protection claims and without their help I wouldn’t of have been successful in these claims. They were with me every step of the way, and have kept me in the loop at all times. And were always available to explain things to me in plain English if me or my wife if we didn’t understand something. Every time I called, I was able to speak to Zach or Jacqueline.
L.L. – Augustine Heights
I am certain that your representation was without peer. I would have no hesitation recommending you or your firm to anyone in similar circumstances.
I write to try to put into words my gratitude to you, for the professional way in which you handled my father’s matter and brought it to a successful conclusion. Although you did not meet, I know that Ray would have been extremely grateful to you. The thought of some justice in the form of compensation sustained my father, but the process took longer than the life left to him.
From the outset, I felt Dad’s case was in very capable hands. Initially I was very encouraged that you acted swiftly to advise me, travel interstate to meet with me, and then communicated with me to update me on the progress of the claim every step of the way.
It is my belief that your original prediction of the outcome of Dad’s matter was extremely accurate. While no amount could ever compensate for the loss of my father and the devastating impact of his final months, I know that he would have wanted this result, as family was everything to him. Sadly the work that he did to provide for his family was the cause of his fatality. Knowing that the company responsible for manufacturing the products in question recognised the validity of his case has also helped me cope with the loss of my father.
Although words cannot adequately describe my gratitude to you and your assistant Jacqueline, I am certain that your representation was without peer. I would have no hesitation recommending you or your firm to anyone in similar circumstances.
With sincere gratitude,
T.C. – Jandowae
Jacqueline has been wonderful throughout the whole process. Couldn’t fault her. She was always positive about the case, never had anything negative to say. Thank you for everything you have done for us.
Jacqueline Hughes is such an endearing and beautiful girl and was absolutely wonderful. It was a very hard time for us both but she took over and helped us with everything. I couldn’t sing her praises enough.
B.H. & O.H. – Brisbane
Everything Turner Freeman has done for me, I thought would never happen. After I found out I had asbestos disease, Thady and Jacqueline were outstanding in battling for me and coming out on top. I couldn’t be happier!
Mr D – Strathpine