- Lidia is an Associate based in our Newcastle office and specialises in medical negligence claims. She was admitted to practise as a solicitor in 2015.
- Being born and bred in Newcastle places Lidia in the perfect position to represent clients from the area. She has an intimate knowledge of the hospitals, medical professionals and unique practices and procedures within the Newcastle, Central Coast and Hunter region.
- Prior to joining Turner Freeman in 2018, Lidia worked for a boutique firm in Newcastle specialising in medical negligence.
- She has extensive experience running complex medical matters against local health districts (public hospitals), private hospitals and specialists. Lidia also has experience in coronial inquests and advising on health regulatory issues. Since joining Turner Freeman, she has gained experience in CTP, institutional abuse and public liability matters. She has relished in the opportunity to gain skills in other civil law areas, however her focus remains on medical negligence.
- Lidia is an effective litigator who strives to achieve the best outcome for her clients in a compassionate and fair manner. She considers her role as a solicitor is to advocate for her client’s interests and explain the often complex aspects of medical negligence litigation in a clear and simple way.
- Lidia is available to see clients in our Toronto and Gloucester offices, and often meets clients further afield in the Hunter Region, Central Coast and Mid-North New South Wales.
Outside of work hours, Lidia volunteers as a solicitor to provide free advice to clients the University of Newcastle Legal Centre. In this capacity, she provides guidance and mentoring to fourth and fifth year university students. She has in the past volunteered her time as a judge in the NSW Law Society and University of Newcastle mock trial competitions.
Lidia is a member of the Australian Lawyers Alliance National Medical Law Special Interest Group. She has been involved, through this group, in drafting submissions to government bodies in relation to the regulation of plastic and cosmetic surgery and changes to the Australian National Health Practitioner Regulations. Between 2018 and 2020, Lidia was also a committee member of the Australian Lawyers Alliance NSW Branch.
What Lidia’s Clients Say About Her
- “Thanks again Lidia. I could not have continued without your help. I really had had enough. I thought the insurance was there to help me but it just added the extra mental anguish to keep going after I was already at breaking point. It was so easy just to give up…. But again. I thank you so so much. I really was at breaking point.” Nadia
- “I have really appreciated all of your hard work throughout this, more than you realise, so a huge thank you from me, there have been occasions where you have gone above and beyond. Again thank you so much for all of your help, it has been truly appreciated.” Tamara – Clarence Town
- “ I do appreciate the fact that you called and gave me a frank and honest update, it was much better for me than getting a letter. I suspect that it wasn’t an easy call for you to make and so I thank you most sincerely.” Anonymous
Qualifications & Memberships
- Bachelor of Laws – University of Newcastle
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Arts – University of Newcastle
- NSW Law Society
- Newcastle Law Society
- Australian Lawyers Alliance