What is WorkCover Queensland?
WorkCover Queensland ("WorkCover") is a Queensland State Government owned entity that is responsible for most workers compensation insurance claims in Queensland.
One of the stated aims and objectives of WorkCover is to help injured workers return to work as quickly as possible.
This is a wonderful aim and objective, however we have often found that work related injuries do not always fully resolve, heal or recover. This can leave workers unable to return to their old job and eventually being cut off or having their claim finalised by WorkCover, leaving injured workers in a situation of great financial uncertainty and difficulty.
WorkCover Queensland's role is not to provide injured workers with legal advice. This is our role.
If your employer is a self-insurer, then your claim will need to be submitted to the workers' compensation department of your employer.
If you have suffered a work related injury, there is a very good chance you will need to submit a claim form to WorkCover. We can also assist injured workers with submitting these claims.
I've been injured at work, what do I do? How do I submit a claim to WorkCover Queensland
Very easily. These days many workers submit their claim forms either online or by telephone and it can be done quickly and easily. If you need assistance with completing the claim form, we are happy to help at no obligation and at no cost as part of our service to our clients and the community.
Lodging claims with WorkCover Queensland by telephone
The phone number for lodging claims with WorkCover Qld is 1300 362 128.
Lodging claim with WorkCover Queensland on the web or online
WorkCover Queensland is the insurer for the vast majority and almost all of the employers in Queensland.
Some of the bigger or biggest employers in Queensland have applied for and received permission so that they can act as both employer and also as the insurer. If you are injured at work and your employer is a self insurer, you will need to submit your work injury claim form to your employer not WorkCover Queensland.
A list of all current employers who are self insured is available at the following website. We have compiled a list of all current employers who are self insurers and their contact details below.
- Aged Care Employers Self-insurance Group 07 3251 6256 (RSL Care), 07 3861 1997 (IRM Services Pty Ltd), 07 3360 9111 (TriCare - Aged Care Employers Self-Insurance Group)
- Arnott's Biscuits Limited - 07 3243 5602
- Arrium Limited (formerly OneSteel) - 07 3275 8455
- Aurizon Operations Limited (formerly QR National) - 07 3019 8084
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited - 07 3947 5189
- BHP Billiton Limited - 1800 247 927
- Brisbane City Council - 07 3403 9530
- CSR Limited - 07 3212 6433 (Building products claims), 07 4722 1977 (Sugar claims)
- Coles Group Limited - 07 3347 0900
- Council of the City of Gold Coast - 07 5581 7304
- Glencore Queensland Limited - 07 3295 7680
- JBS Australia Pty Limited - 07 3810 2305
- Jupiters Limited - 07 3228 0028
- Local Government Workcare - 07 3000 5530
- Myer Holdings Limited - 07 3550 4142
- Qantas Airways Limited - 07 3238 2001
- Queensland Rail Limited - 07 3072 0050
- Redland City Council - 07 3829 8412
- Teys Australia Meat Group - 07 3382 5178
- The University of Queensland - 07 3365 6022
- Toll Holdings Limited - 07 3275 0450
- Townsville City Council - 07 4773 8406
- Westpac Banking Corporation - 07 3227 2490
- Wilmar Sugar - 07 4722 1977
- Woolworths Limited - 07 3213 4307