Have you been in a motor vehicle/car accident?
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident as a driver, passenger, pedestrian, cyclist or motorbike rider, you may be able to claim compensation if you consider a driver or an owner of a motor vehicle, other than you, was partially or completely at fault for the accident.
If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident, there is a minefield of strict procedural and time requirements in claiming compensation. Turner Freeman are experts at ensuring compliance with these regulations.
The firm has been acting in claims arising from motor vehicle accident injuries for over 60 years, and has developed a high level of experience and success in those claims.
It is necessary to comply with strict time limits and procedures in making such a claim, otherwise, any rights to claim compensation may be compromised or lost. As a result, it is recommended that legal advice be obtained promptly following a motor vehicle accident, in order to ensure that all time limits are met.
Initially, an accident notification form needs to be lodged within 28 days of the accident in order to ensure that the insurer of the vehicle allegedly at fault provisionally accepts liability, in which case, it should pay ongoing medical expenses (at least up to $5,000).
A full personal injury claim form then needs to be lodged with the relevant insurer within 6 months of the accident.
Types of injuries
The following compensation entitlements are available for injuries suffered in a motor vehicle accident:
- Non – economic loss (pain and suffering) – only if the injuries are assessed as exceeding 10% whole person impairment in accordance with the Motor Accidents Authority’s guidelines.
- Past and future loss of income.
- Past and future medical treatment expenses.
- Past and future assistance needs – subject to the provision that if the assistance is provided without charge, the need for assistance has to be for over 6 months, and has to be for over 6 hours per week.
Claiming for compensation is easy
- Obligation FREE Initial Consultation
- No Win – No Fee*
- Hospital and home visits are available